For over 20 years, the Institute of International Banking Law & Practice has produced the world's only annual record of court activity regarding LCs and guarantees, plus the year's significant writing on international banking law & practice.
This convenient and fully searchable USB drive contains a year's worth of case summaries, expert articles, practice reports, and government actions.
- 20 Articles written by key experts from around the globe
- 89 Case Summaries from decisions rendred in 2016, including:
Arab Banking Corp. v. Boustead Singapore Ltd (Counter Guarantees & Extend or Pay)
Arch Specialty Insurance Company v. First Community Bank of Eastern Arkansas (Presentation of Original LC)
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency v. Lincoln General Insurance Co. (Automatic Extension)
CKR Contract Services Pte. Ltd. v. Asplenium Land Pte. Ltd (Unconscionability & Limiting Clause)
Grains and Industrial Products Trading Pte Ltd v. Bank of India (Nominated Bank/Issuer Relationship)
Hong Kong Huihuang Industrial Co. v. Allahabad Bank (Preclusion)
National Infrastructure Dev. Co. v. Banco Santander S.A. (“Due and Owing”)
Societe Anonyme Marocain De L’Industrie Du Raffinage v. Bank of America, N.A. (Reasonable Knowledge of Fraud)
- 9 Practice Reports, including:
- BAFT Letter to BASEL Committee
- Recommendation of ICCBC ExCo in Respect of A Revision of UCP 600
- 2016 ICC Global Survey
- ICC Trade Register Report 2016
- Notes on the Principle of Strict Compliance
- Strict Compliance: How Strict is Strict?
- Summary of April 2016 ICC Banking Commission Meeting